Get Going..Get Rowing is delighted to announce that it has secured funding to expand and develop the programme in the Dublin city area. We are now seeking applicants interested in working part time in Dublin City to establish and run the initiative in close consultation with the Manager Michelle Carpenter.
The hours will be school hours 9am-3pm and will run during school terms.
Objective: Assist part time with the running of the Get Going…Get Rowing programme in Dublin
Responsible to: Women in Sport/Development Manager Get Going…Get Rowing programme
Role: The Get Going…Get Rowing programme in Dublin is tasked with introducing women to the sport of rowing and to general fitness through the facilitation of a Schools indoor rowing programme. The programme encompasses the development, co-ordination and delivery of indoor rowing in Schools and linkage to local rowing clubs. The appointed individual will support on all matters pertaining to the successful delivery of the programme.
To assist the Get Going…Get Rowing initiative in delivering the programme to schools:
• To facilitate the programme by delivering indoor rowing classes as set out in the Get Rowing curriculum
• To assist in the maintenance and logistics of ergometers
• To help with the running of camps and events relating to the project
• To support events that will attract female participation
• To have the ability to work and liaise with both teachers, students and programme partners
• To work closely with the WIS Manager
• To prepare oral & written reports as necessary relating to the post
• To log and record all class numbers for evaluation and monitoring purposes
• This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of the changing needs of the organization
Skills and Expertise
• An understanding and experience of rowing is desirable
• A reliant self-starter
• An ability to encourage students to take the pathway created by the programme to continue rowing in a club setting
• A coaching qualification is an advantage but not essential
• Ability to create a positive and energetic atmosphere during classes/camps
• To be flexible and reliable with the programme and classes
For more information on the position, please send a letter of interest together with your CV to: email@example.com by Friday 20th January 2017
- January 9th, 2016