Rowing Ireland have launched an innovative apprentice coach programme in conjunction with their Coach Education programme and the Get Going…Get Rowing initiative.
The programme is looking for an enthusiastic individual who is passionate about rowing and bringing more youngsters into the sport through a structured indoor programme and a pathway to the water. The programme will combine “on the job” training together with ongoing support from a mentor in addition to fully paid access to level one & two Coach Education courses.
- Passionate about rowing and giving more young people the opportunity to try our sport
- An interest in developing as a coach
- A conscientious and punctual individual
- Over 18 years of age
- To be flexible and reliable with the classes and camps
- A good communicator
- Applicants will be required to be Rowing Ireland Garda vetted
Hours of work
- Hours of work will be flexible but generally between 8:30am-4pm, during school term (Monday-Friday)
- Coach education courses are held during the evenings and weekends
- In order to fulfill the complete programme applicants will be requested on give a minimum of one years committment
The key aims of the programme are:
- To develop and encourage coaching skills via “on the job” training, mentoring and coaching courses.
This is an exciting opportunity for targeting young rowers who wish to gain further education and employment in sport. We hope this will support our athletes to progress from participation in sport, into sport education, training and employment. This programme aligns well with Rowing Ireland’s ongoing need for quality coaches to support our programme activity, from engagement through to performance.
For more information on the position, please send a letter of interest together with your CV to email@example.com
This role is a paid position – hourly remuneration will be discussed at interview. The position will be based in Dublin.
Closing date for applications will be Friday 21st July 2017
- June 30th, 2017