The programme are delighted to announce expansion to Belfast with the Sponsorship of Hughes Insurance. Please find attached details of this exciting role for the city.
Community Coach Belfast (part time/10 hours per week)
The Get Going…Get Rowing programme has engaged over 25,000 Students rowing in 2017 and has become one of the most successful Women in Sport programme in the Ireland. Giving Students access to a fun active rowing programme in schools with a pathway to the water.
The programme is now seeking applicants interested in working part time in Belfast Schools to run the initiative in close consultation with programme manager Michelle Carpenter.
Objective Assist with running of the Get Going…Get Rowing programme in Belfast.
Responsible to: Women in Sport/Development Manager Get Going…Get Rowing programme
Role: Introducing students to the sport of rowing through a structured school’s indoor rowing programme.
- To assist the Get Going…Get Rowing initiative in delivering the programme to schools
- To facilitate the programme by delivering indoor rowing classes as set out in the Get Rowing curriculum
- To assist in logistics of ergometers
- To help with the running of camps and events relating to the project
- To support events that will attract female participation
- To have the ability to work and liaise with both teachers, students and programme partners
- To work closely with the Development/WIS Manager
- Schools will be identified in close collaboration with Belfast Clubs and Rowing Ireland, Ulster Branch.
- This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline induction of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of the changing needs of the organisation.
Skills and expertise
- An understanding and experience of basic rowing is essential
- A reliant self-starter
- An ability to encourage students to take the pathway created by the programme to continue rowing in a club setting
- To be flexible and reliable with the programme and classes
- The role is a part-time role, paid hourly.
For more information on the position, please send a brief outline of your rowing background and experience to email@example.com by Friday 4th May 2018
- April 26th, 2018